I bought a pair of these cutesy little Eggplanes donkey's years ago, at a Duxford IWM airshow. I built the first one some time back, and made a right hash of it. So I'm hoping my second attempt will be a bit better! Here goes...
I thought that this time I might spray the colours on and then add Humbrol Clear later... perhaps even at the end? Doing it at the start seemed pointless, given the massive amount of handling that the complex framework masking inevitably entails.
Actually, having said this... in the end, I simply (!?) masked the outer framework, and then cleaned the inner 'glass' with isopropyl alcohol, before hand painting it with Humbrol Clear.
Best finish this first.
Righty-ho... Part II
After a brief hiatus, I managed to get in a few dribs and drabs of time almost every day, over the last four or five days, and have really moved the model on. Below is the masking for the white underbelly, and then the grey midriff. Note the use of blue-tac to mask areas that would later require gluing.
Despite the slow down I did a little bit almost every day, even if at a snail's pace! It's probably good to take masking and spraying slowly.
Dammit! Every time I use the g'damn airbrush I have to break it down completely and clean it repeatedly, as it always seems to be clogged up, with insufficient airflow. It makes airbrushing rather onerous.